Thursday, August 31, 2017

August 30, 2017

My frogs leap into the pond when I come out onto the side porch, fifty feet away. I think this is arbitrary and ungenerous– as if I were a threat to them! As if I weren’t the one who created their world!

Good classes this far. Several are in two of the classes and there is overlap of subject matter and I’m at pains not to repeat myself too completely. Though I find if I ask a question of them from matter presented one hour earlier, they don’t know or have forgotten the answer.

Student Michael wants me to read MacDonald’s Phantasties with him. Doing so, remembering nothing from the time I read it with Lynda S back in high school. One sees there the root of all things Lewis.

Exhausted afternoons, a giant nap between the actions of morning and evening.

No comments: