Thursday, June 25, 2015


June 25, 2015

Final dress of Alexander’s House would have been superb last night if S had done one run-through rather than two: exhaustion, diminishing returns. But, according to the people in our first little audience, it is most well. They say the chorus sounds good and I can hear for myself that the soloists do. It is truly a remarkable achievement for us, a milestone. Looking forward, as I almost never do, to opening night. Drinks at King James afterward.

Excellent work-out at the Y. Laundry. Received my new driver’s license in the mail, one that is meant to last for eight years. I contemplate that I might never again have to renew. Drove to the Toyota place too early, and diverted myself on the Parkway. I stopped and hiked the Shut-In for a little while. I’d taken ten steps into that silent tunnel of green when I felt stress ease out of me like sour breath. Ten steps, better than a pill, better than a cocktail. It really is paradise. I botanized for a time, then came down the mountain and back to the Toyota place where I traded in my old Prius for a new one, silver, the color of moonlight. The last one was never quite right; this one is perfect.

The heat wave begins to bore. The cats can barely move their bodies from one sleeping post to another.

No comments: