Tuesday, June 23, 2015


June 23, 2015

I thought I remembered the GPTC had promised me $$$ for my participation in Omaha, but I got no check there, and no check here, so I assumed I’d imagined it. But, today the check arrives, having been sent to 62 for some reason. Pittance or fortune, one is happy to have reward for labor in hand.

Crushingly hot. I still refuse to use the air-conditioning, as a series of fans trained on places I’m likely to alight do the job.
   
Nearly sideswiped yesterday by a guy changing lanes without looking on Merrimon. Close enough to ding my side-view mirror. He kept wandering across lanes afterwards, so there might have been some real confusion going on there.  My car is not used to having its horn blown, and took a few minutes afterwards to shake it off.
   
No pain in my heel today at all. Cannot figure these things out. Reconsidering evil spirits.
   
A play about Madame du Pompadour and Convulsionnaires slowly takes shape.

No comments: