Thursday, June 18, 2015


June 18, 2015

    Looking back at yesterday with tints of rose. I was happy. I did things I like. We performed some of All Is Calm for NC Stage’s preview, which required me to improvise a bass line to “Silent Night,” something I can do like a frog sitting in a pond. The audiences seemed moved. I am so happy that NC Stage has asked us to participate in this! December–the whole fall and winter-- opens like a flower. Saw S and T. Afterwards, we crossed the streets and had friendly conversation and miraculous hamburgers at The Vault. Everyone was sweet. A kid named Sean engaged us like we were family. My gorgeous blond student from Cambridge was there, still gorgeous and blond, on her way to Bali. Got back in touch with A, my student from very long ago indeed. He delivered an enconium on how large I loom as an influence in his life. Difficult to listen to, but beyond gratifying–justifying.  Have smiled all day. Now, as yesterday at this hour, there is distant thunder.

No comments: