Saturday, July 5, 2014


July 5, 2014

The Fourth made me happy this year. The day was brilliant; I did nothing; I felt sometimes vaguely and sometimes quite pointedly patriotic. Kimberly Avenue flapped with flags. Ended the day standing with DJ and Cabernet in my great eye-on-the-sky waiting for the great volley of downtown fireworks which, curiously, never came. Smaller versions volleyed and thundered from all sides. A satellite scurried over, and vast blinking hulls of airships, and a vapor tail that nothing visible had made. The stars had a hard time fighting the streetlights. The hollowed-out moon stood low in the west, and brilliant. Caught my rue at the brink of dehydration. Will look when the light comes to see if I brought her back. Odd dream at waking: A woman and I were waiting to vote on which was the best bathroom in Europe. It had come down to one in a country so small that our nominee was the only bathroom in it. My body eventually realized that dream-mind was telling it how bad it had to go to the bathroom, so get up and do it. The day begins. Two crows wrangle in the airy distance.

No comments: