Saturday, July 6, 2013

July 5, 2013


4th of July Picnic at Jack’s, who manfully used the outdoor grill through the intermittent downpour. Maybe it was the rain, maybe it was me, but a mild melancholy seemed to overhang the festivities. K and I had the longest chat of our lives, about Spinoza and university politics. I’d forgotten about the picnic, and spent some of my holiday saddened by the fact that I was going to spend another solitary feast day.

 A mighty weeding will be necessary after all this rain. Awake! Awake! Deborah getting some play. It will be a Mountain Xpress “Best Bet” (with Trinity’s picture) and I do an interview this morning with Laurel of Asheville. I wish the play were better than it is, but the play, finally, is not the point.

 Doing research for the third Lincoln play.

Bought weights, so I never need quite to be sitting idle in my chair.

No comments: