Thursday, October 18, 2012




October 18, 2012

Most excellent Wednesday passed. Good workout at the Y. Wrote a poem still before dawn at the café. Then much and strenuous gardening, including eating what I assumed was the last of the tomatoes and the pulling up of the spent vines. Planted iris, sage, hyacinth. Bought other things and left them unplanted, because I had been fasting and the gardening (largely the uprooting of stubborn growths and the rearranging of boulders) made me dizzy. Blithely missed an important committee meeting, but the chair assured me nothing much happened but the attempt of the members each to top the others’ hyperbole. Sorry I missed that. Choir afterwards. It’s amazing how that experience can be changed (yea even from good to bad and bad to good) depending on whom you sit beside. As I pass through the house I notice the things I should put in a Goodwill box and be rid of forever.

Here is the odd, encouraging thing. I am impatient with my poems until I read those of others far-famed among us. Then I settle back with secret smile.



No comments: