Saturday, October 13, 2012



October 13, 2012

Yesterday began in almost ludicrous frustration. It seems ludicrous now; then it seemed tragic. Unnecessary phone marathon with Microsoft, bad news in email, etc.  Good trip to the Y, though. Printed The Mermaid to show to Tom, but it wasn’t one of his mornings at Starbucks. Stood for a while with the spade in my hand, but did not garden. Drove to the studio but did not paint.

Went out in the evening to celebrate Leland’s birthday. We took the La Zoom bus, which turned out to provide a hilarious and endearing show. Laughed myself out of the gloom. Drinks then at the Sky Bar at the western corner of the Flat Iron Building. The view through approaching night was beautiful, all the towers of the little town– Florence seven hundred years ago–alight, Patton Avenue burning westward like the path of a dragon. Walking back to my car, I took in this very lively and delightful city. I say, as I always say, that I must get out more. Unlike the old days, I recognize practically no one on the street. You can’t eat enough to be able to go into all the interesting new eateries, drink enough to sample all the bars. Ran into MG, who accused me of slurring my words. I’d had one chocolate martini but no food–all day–and that is an interesting high.

No comments: