Thursday, February 4, 2010

February 1, 2010

The weather allowed us a Sunday matinee, which had a lively audience and perhaps the best performances yet. The weight of anxiety was off me, and I enjoyed the play for the first time thoroughly, breaking into tears in Reiner’s soliloquy and not stopping before the end. Strike went liked greased lightning. After strike we shambled down the street and met at Jack of the Wood for drinks and darts. My cast and crew was happy. I was happy. Major success with or without the weather, though now it will be harder to blame people who didn’t show, because they can say, “Well, I TRIED to come Saturday night . . . “

Sound on the street last night–almost constantly– of tires spinning on ice. I watched a white pick-up try to escape from the parking lot across the street. The passenger got out and pushed. It finally, after a last running start from the very edge of the pavement, made it out onto the street.

No comments: