Thursday, April 9, 2009

April 8, 2009

Rose at dawn and pulled the coverings off my plants, the sheets frozen sold in the shapes the wind gave them. Everything looked well. The sun is rising, and we shall soon see for sure.

This is the day of the Blessing of the Sun. The Jews believe the sun is now in exactly the place it was in the sky at creation.

Won first prize in Utmost Christian Writers Foundation Christian poetry contest. The ironies are such a throng I won’t even open the door to them. Perhaps I underestimate them, and the wideness of their views. They gave a little test of faith, which I answered honestly by my own lights, but who knows what people mean, even when you read what they have written.

Passover.

It is evening, and I can report that everything in the garden survived. A carton arrived from a nursery, so I added to the ground acanthus, agave, and two plants whose names were in Latin, and they could be anything. I think one is a great pink lily.

No comments: