Friday, June 13, 2008

June 9, 2008

Elma Johnson is dead. I can see two of her sculptures from where I sit typing.

Talked with Richmond after his class. I mentioned how bubbly Jinx was the other day with his girl, and he said, "Yeah, he’s pretty bipolar."

A very young rabbit has taken up residence in my front garden. I shooed him the first time, but a few moments ago I watched from my window, and he seemed to be eating the clumps of clover I had not weeded out. I thought of what is in there, and decided only the lilies would tempt him very much, or maybe the nasturtiums, and the lilies are too big now for him to do much damage. He is very small. Hardly more than a bunny. As I watched, he was nibbling the weeds furiously. Perhaps he was aware of me and earnestly auditioning. Only the weeds, Mister. . I promise. . . Anyway, the bunny can stay. I’d always thought that the tangle of roses and honeysuckle that the front terrace has become would be ideal rabbit cover.

No comments: