Saturday, June 28, 2008

June 28, 2008

From a former neighbor:

"I am saddened to hear about your father's passing. He was a kind man who helped me when I was a teenager and there were problems going on at my house with my brother. I lived in the neighborhood and became acquainted with him. I spent many an evening with him talking and playing games. I moved to Arizona when I was in high school, but still kept in touch with him. After I was married my family and I came to visit and stayed with your dad. He was a bright spot in my life when I needed somewhere to go for peace. I will miss him a lot. Thank you for letting me know. I am so sorry for your loss.
LF"

Off to Atlanta for the memorial service.

My mother and father are both gone now. Though I have been living on my own for 35 years, I rose this morning wondering, "What am I going to do?"

No comments: