Saturday, December 15, 2007

December 13, 2007

E-mail from the director of Before the Holy Temple in Los Angeles:

Hello David,
I am the director of your play. I am enclosing my resume so that you know something about me. I just wanted to let you know what a beautiful play you have written. We have a brilliant cast (the actor who plays Arthur has portrayed Phantom of the Opera on Broadway for almost 4 years). I want to know what you think of the production once you see the tape. I hope you like what I have done with it.
I really wish your play was feature lenght, I would have found a producer to do it with fully staged. Do you have other one acts of similar quality to make it an evening? Or how about your feature length plays. I would love to read the ones you think are the best.

Pavel Cerny
11606 Kling Street
North Hollywood,CA 91602

Cerny, whose email address suggests he works with a film company, wants to see more of my work, which I will merrily send, wondering if my focus will eventually turn west from Manhattan.

The happy night with Jason’s friends Tuesday led to coffee with him this morning, from which I came away with a joyful heart and fresh ideas to put into effect in the studio, where I went thereafter, and worked hard and well. It also led to a change of plans whereby his lanky buddy Larkin will be housesitting while I’m in Ireland. This is so much better than what I had planned that it is virtually Christmas already. The cats will have somebody to snuggle. Not to mention that Larkin, who had planned to couch surf until the dorms open, will have a place to lay his head. He stood at my door all but smiling himself in half.

No comments: