Wednesday, September 13, 2023

The Commonwealth of Dogs

 September 12, 2023

K from Ellet has died. His shy beauty in memory. 

A day of almost ludicrous productiveness. Went early to the riverside where I watched happy dogs cavort in and by the water. It started with two big red dogs– shaped like Labs; maybe they were Labs– joined by a white dog and a black dog, both leggy and pointy and wolfish, and finally by a roly-poly little white mutt, all of whom raced around in a dog commonwealth, stupid with joy. I wrote on three different projects as I sat watching. Returned, painted a small painting, again achievable because there was no overlay requiring a wait for drying. Symphony Chorus in the evening, where we began the Hayden St Nicholas Mass. K says I sang it before, but I had no memory of it, so it was a merry rediscovery. Among the rarest of events happened during rehearsal, which was my being captivated by the beauty of a woman. Her name is C, and she was new tonight, all poise and grace and unconscious radiance ten feet from me. During introductions it was revealed she is an OBGYN. 

The William Byrd Station came on by itself during the night, so there was heavenly, mysterious beauty. 

No comments: