Saturday, September 2, 2023

 

August 30, 2023

Turns out I have a Internet domain, which I have been paying for without recollection. Will find out how to use it. Publishers ask for it, and now I’ll be able to answer.

Last night after symphony chorus I was one of those men who infuriate women. We have to hoist enormous tables and reset them to restore the room, and I was “helping” a women (the tables are very heavy) who didn’t need my help and whom, apparently, I was significantly hindering. I just assumed. . . . One is damned for not helping when needed, damned for helping when not needed. Unless the information be volunteered up front, how to know the difference? 

Every passage Brahms writes in the Liebeslieder is honey and silver. 

Weeded in the rain, an experience which, after one accustoms to it, is pleasant. The tribe of pokeweed should despair of its next generation. I pulled out near-shrub sized weeds from a plot that was cultivated to the bar earth in spring– perhaps a portent of the Jurassic rankness we are told to expect.


No comments: