Friday, September 22, 2023

 

September 15, 2023

Went to rehearsal last night fully intending to withdraw, but then had fun. New members. The most exhausting old ones absent for the night. Departure postponed for a while. 

Retired, I have almost no time for anything. Put off going to the grocery store for days. Haven’t gone to MAHEC to fight for my prescription. Words and images crowing to get out. Iris beds needing to be dug.

Evening now of a productive day. Dug out from their mantels of weeds the iris beds, planted the three cartons of bulbs that had arrived before the beach and sat waiting. It was the cool of morning and I barely broke a sweat, though my body feels it now. Ate pasta with my sauce and drank not-bad red wine from South Carolina. At evening I sat on the back porch listening to Chopin with my turkey flock gleaning in the garden– now nine, when there has been as many as fourteen. When they came close in a certain angle of light, red and pink and green iridescence flashed off their feathers. Chopin is not the ideal composer for turkeys. I’m thinking Bach. 

No comments: