Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Centenary

 

August 1, 2023

Rose determined to renew my driver’s license; made it to the DMV and did so with less hassle than anticipated. I suppose I was the hassle, for they called my number very quickly with six or seven people in the waiting room ahead of me. They grumbled. They’ll have a tale to tell of this jerk at the DMV who got in a head of them. One person is available to serve all those who arrive for license or ID issues. My photo makes me look like Methuselah. 

You can renew online every second time– which means I may never have to set foot in a DMV again. Benefits of the end times--

Note arrives from the tax assessor informing me, among other things, that my house was built in 1923. I was a year off. Will plan her a grand party. Poor thing had to go 90 years without me. 

Mis-identified a goldfinch as a blossom of errant color on the Mexican sunflower. 

No comments: