Saturday, April 22, 2023

Beatitude

 

April 22, 2023

A strange, sweet sensation of blessing came over me last night, in part as though Maud had become a guardian spirit, in part as though some more general blessing had come to me, strange, beatific, not fully understood. It continued into the morning. A craving for pancakes seemed to be part of it, if only as a remembrance of times long past. It is not gone now, and I sense a renewal as evening turns to night. Finished my painting Night Fishing, inspired by the Picasso, but, n the end, not resembling it at all. Picasso was looking for new modes of expression. I look for the one mode perfectly to express what dwells in the imagination. My technique is less bad than it was before, and I come closer than before, sometimes grazing the center of the truth. 

Took the enneagram exam for Vestry. Solid 4, as I believe I was when I took it for other reasons before. I’m not sure this is what we should be doing with our time, but–

The first white iris is in bloom. 

No comments: