Tuesday, January 4, 2022

 

January 3, 2022

First winter storm, wind-blown rain, then snow and thunder. The power went out and came back on several times. Something pings in the house when the power goes out; I’ve never figured out what it was. Dusty with AT&T in St. Louis helped me cancel my account and send the equipment back. I told him my story and he said, “I’m surprised you stayed with us so long. You gave us many second chances.” And so I did. May the same be done to me. The new account went off during the storm, and I feared there would be no end to it, but there was.

The Parish Profile presented in its “final” form–which people have altered in the hours since. I think I did my part to raise it to the level of readable and, in some places, noble. Educated people can make astonishing blunders, stumble into astounding oversights. Some resent having this pointed out. In church you can cite “feelings.” I have, I know, been more on the side of precision than I ought to have been. 


No comments: