Friday, January 28, 2022

Cold

 

January 27, 2022

Awkwardly typing around Maud, who wants to be cuddled while I write. 

Rose up to hike. Parts of the Parkway are closed, but I did find a pullover far to the east and headed into the woods. I realized almost immediately that it was too cold, but I kept on for a little while. The issue includes the fact that my stiff knee precludes the putting on of socks, so I’m stomping around essentially barefoot in the snow. I found a ridge that caught the sunlight, but that didn’t go far, so I returned. At one point I stood staring off into the woods thinking my thoughts. I’m usually pretty alert, but during my revery a hiker came up behind me and scared me out of my wits. He apologized profusely, but in the state I was in the incident could not have been avoided. Went on to the crafts center and bought a sculpture that I take to be a bittern hiding in the rushes.

No comments: