Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Eve

 

December 24, 2021

J and DJ and L and I keep Christmas with many drinks at Rye Knot. We discussed how, no matter how many times we hear A Christmas Carol, it still lands its blow.

Renewed the seed trays and the suet, that the birds too might have a merry Christmas. A great hawk (red-tailed, I think) sat in the tree across the street studying the hawk buffet thus created. 

The Internet issue was solved (or at least addressed for the moment) by re-installing the whole apparatus, taking the wire from a different pole and burying it underground. I don’t know how the technician achieved this in the time it took– I went hiking, to get out of the fury-cauldron I’d created around me over this issue–but when I got back from the mountain, it was accomplished. I’m ashamed to be undone by small, temporary things. I whisper my thanks that I have small, temporary things to be undone by.

Handel and Bach in the half-lit rooms. 

No comments: