Monday, August 10, 2020

 


August 9, 2020


Woke to earthquake this morning, the bed shaking, the water in the toilet sloshing about. An interesting sensation. I went to the Internet and found that it was true, the quake centered under DJ’s hometown in Sparta. 

Realize I haven’t seen TD in months. He was the center of my life for years. The last time we met it was so he could manipulate me into doing a favor for an old girlfriend, which she turns out not to have needed. You sit and wonder about such things. The missing is, now, intellectual rather than emotional, so I suppose it’s right to contemplate, to wonder how to do it better next time. . . except that most souls are so covert you cannot possibly guess what’s going on in them, and, if you have to ask, something ineffable is ruined.

No comments: