Thursday, October 10, 2019


October 9, 2019

4 in the morning. Woke a while ago and was unable to get back to sleep. Looking for pathology in this, but the truth is I went to bed just after 9 and took tremendous naps yesterday. But, a certain amount of turmoil attends my restlessness. The fate of the University worries me, though I have changed my relationship so that my part in its future is purely symbolic.  It is in fact no longer a university as we understood it. I know the solution, but in all the ways I am powerless, I am probably most powerless in this. You expect the Academy to be holy, and not brought down by the sins of its time.

Coffee with Andrew before he heads off to Richmond. He was in a serious car wreck, after which he re-evaluated his life’s choices, and this journey is the next part of it.

Long talk with sweet-souled Ryan after class. His veteran father is a sheriff in Fayetteville, which is both surprising and not.

Bought tickets to go to LA for Edward and Gaveston. When will I repent of this?

No comments: