Tuesday, October 29, 2019


October 28, 2019

Panic about Night, Sleep. Send out a premature and, at the same time, long-delayed announcement. Turns out it’s print-on-demand, and Carlos had allowed his attention to drift elsewhere before the demand was assessed. Believe me, I demanded. To my questions he responds:

David,
We distribute world-wide with Ingram. It will be on Amazon, Abes Books, Barnes & Noble etc etc. Usually about 200 stores will advertise it
and Ingram gives me monthly accounting of where it sold the last quarter, which I will send to you. This takes about one month after publication
to get on all the book store sites. Books, at that point, are print and sent out within two days usually. So for about one month just tell people to
buy from our website, after that let them know they can buy it or order it just about anywhere. We will also provide a sell sheet that is PDF that
you can send to people. Sometimes authors prefer to send us their email list and we will send out the sell sheets and marketing for you. Let me
know how you want to handle that, it doesn't cost you anything for us to do it. Other marketing is up to you, readings at bookstores usually sell
well especially if they people know you there. We arranged a reading at City Lights in Sylva that did well but the author was from WCU. Let me know
if you want us to try to arrange any bookstores. Thanks!
Carlos

Unnecessary sleepless middle hours of the night. But, I didn’t know anything. Communication is key. Read the book over in the night to see if I were going to be embarrassed, and I’m not.

Outstanding playwriting class. Introduced Kabulki and No and Bunraku

No comments: