Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Israel 2



March 12, 2019

          Fantastically rich and abundant dreams.

          Turns out there’s a school next door, or very close. Loud, happy sounds.

          The men of Tel Aviv go about perfumed. I like that. The beautiful part-owner is called Uriel. 

          My horrible room is decorated with horrible black and white prints of Paris. What inspires people?

          Lunch and talk with Elizabeth Grober. She sounds so like her mother one must look at her to be certain. She’s leaving a fantastic job pricing Israeli artwork at Sotheby’s.

          Kids were dancing on the boulevard. One beautiful boy came over and asked me to dance. I said, “I’m old and tired. I’m dancing in my heart.” I realized for the first time it is true. I wept, bitterly, briefly.

No comments: