Tuesday, June 26, 2018


June 26, 2018

Two days of lovely rain. This morning when I woke it was quite lovely, murmuring and poetic, though at other times it was violent. Blew the livingroom back door open at one point. The hose stretches useless across the dripping grass. Towhees call in the pearly drizzle.

Will Ray solves the problem of the ripped out basement windows. He saw a big bear do it, then climb the cherry tree beside my bedroom and rest for a while. The practicalities of the deed are hard to fathom, so maybe he was just in a playful mood. But this means he could rip the sliding screen door off in a second, and there he could actually enter, as he could not through thy tiny ventilation windows. For all that, living with bears is an excitement I don’t want to give up just yet.

Took yet another urinous carpet to the cleaners. Both cats have changed their habits radically. Summer? Age? I don’t understand myself, so why should I understand them?

When my recorded segment was played for the audience at the Cantaria concert, it got a tremendous laugh. When Chrysse came backstage, she said that I had been “adorable.” Wish I knew what I said that was so funny, so adorable, that it might be replicated.

In the midst of massive writing. I note the incredibly frequent use of “was” and “there.” Often the revision of a page is toward the end only of thinning those out.

Coffee with SS, two Jeremiahs lamenting the Asheville art scene and advancing age.

No comments: