Friday, March 30, 2018


March 30, 2018

Wiley responds to Night, Sleep, and the Dreams of Lovers: “David, I'm about halfway through and just floored. When did you find time to write a book like this? Goddamn, that poor Charlie. I can hardly stand the heartbreak. And that shocking turn with the Tree family? Jesus.” These are actually the first words anybody has said about the book in this form. Relief.

Mountain Xpress informs me that I’ve won honorable mention in their poetry contest. Honorable mention. . .

The ground around my house seems different now, having been blessed by the bear.

Deeply meaningful Maundy Thursday service. I took onto myself the responsibility for the gap that had grown between then Lord and me. In the midst of prayer I realized that the Demon had disappeared. For a year, scarcely an hour free of it, and now Free. I am a running river, a pure stream with light clear to the bottom. These things are not marked with incidents, as they would be in a movie. One instant the world is dark, and then it is light, and there was no transition, no blast of trumpets.

Twisted my knee dragging the Cross out of the All Souls basement. Agony, sometimes, but endurable. Meaningful Good Friday service. Sam attended, and we had lunch afterward. Pastyme concert this evening, rich, my mind following deep pathways. When we left the church, the full moon glittered between tears in the clouds. I can hear my chimes banging away in the night.

No comments: