Friday, March 30, 2018


March 29, 2018

Maundy Thursday.

Waiting for a Fed Ex parcel chained me to the house for the morning, so I dug three plots for ginseng in three different places in three different ways, hoping that the seeds would be pleased by one of them. Tony G stopped by, took out the dead dogwood, and alerted me to the presence of a bear behind the ancient maple between my lawn and the neighbors’. It was a very large bear, a female, I think, though without cubs.  First sighting (by me) of a bear on this side of Lakeshore, though my hummingbird feeders were ravaged by something. I’m always amazed by the black bear’s black. It is very, very black. Made a pot of linguine for breakfast/lunch. It is one of those magic dishes, for no matter how many times I go back to it and how much I eat, it seems still to be full.

No comments: