Thursday, August 30, 2012




August 29, 2012

Quiet dark of morning. Tuesday was a marathon, thirteen hours at school.  Met my two creative writing classes, and what must be said is that they may be the most advanced and accomplished group I’ve ever had, inventive, skillful, including not one of those poor souls one must drag along through indulgence and kind words from incompetence to graduation. Big discussion of Homer here, a rash of meetings there, stopping by DJ’s and drinking wine in front of the TV until my words didn’t come out straight. All I had to eat was popcorn, and I had forgotten what that does to my system, so there’s THAT to face in the dark of the morning.

Kevin sings from his tepid, lily-ridden water.

MG says I have a good fairy guarding my garden, since nothing has eaten the vegetables.

Woke feverish. Decided not to take medication, but instead to work hard in the garden, as I had intended to do anyway. That seemed to do the trick. Feverish feeling and aches are gone.

No comments: