Friday, August 17, 2012




August 16, 2012

From Honorah’s web page. I’d forgotten this has been going on for twenty years:

In 1992, while putting together the World Expo Pavilion for the United Nations in Genoa, Italy, we had commissioned a young composer, Tristan Foison, to write the music for an exquisite show on the seven underwater wonders of the world. I'd loved the results of that collaboration, so I asked Tristan if he wanted to work on The Birth of Color. He agreed, as did, through another series of remarkable coincidences, the poet, David Brendan Hopes (whose work I cannot recommend highly enough-as far as I am concerned he's in a league with Gerard Manley Hopkins).

Barely got through the day. I wonder if I give too much energy away on the rowing machine at 6 AM? No, that’s an energy-enhancer. It’s something else. . . . passed up a free dinner. . . was tottering after one glass of a crisp Spanish white. . . .

No comments: