Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 7, 2012


Twelfth Night celebrations ended with “movie night” with R and DJ. We ate bad-for-you food, drank too much, and gave our imaginations over to Inception, which was not what I thought it would be. Worked at the studio until everything needed to dry before I touched it again. Worked hard on the book which has changed its name, I’m not certain to what. Went to school for a while, but recoiled finally from doing any actual work. But the purple windflower expanded in the 60 degree sun, triumphant, sun-countenanced, as though he had fought tenaciously, finally, into spring. I don’t know what to do with that flower. Its hopefulness, its tenacity fill me with such strange emotions.

In the dark of the morning, before the light came, I finished The One with the Beautiful Necklaces.

No comments: