Saturday, October 1, 2011

September 30, 2011


Students in the UNCA drama department have chosen to do my “I Suppose I Should Tell You I Have a Gun in My Purse” as part of a one-act festival in November. Makes me happy. However overdue . . .

Sonora Review appears with my prize-winning story. You could make a living at this if you kept bagging $1000 contest prizes. And if at least some of them paid you after you’d won . . .

Rehearsal for Kristin and Van’s wedding yesterday out at Forge Valley, on the way to Brevard. Pretty area. One pond full of ducks and one of koi. A gazebo made of gray twisty wood. Kristin’s ceremony is dignified and everyone was having a good time at the rehearsal. Their actual wedding happens in four hours, after Tom Posey’s funeral, for which I am about to sing, having sung at his first wife’s funeral and at his wedding to his second wife.

Glorious day pretty much gobbled up by running from one appointment to another, marking milestone’s in lives other than mine. Tomorrow Cantaria sings for NC Pride; then I read Lear at the NC Stage Bardathon. Casey invited me to play Lear, and I was joyful. Bureaucracy tried to pry me from the project, but I fought back with far more sternness than was necessary.

No comments: