Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September 21, 2010

Supper at the K's. I had dreaded it because it meant an interruption in an outpouring of creative energy unique in my life, every second of which I treasure and every interruption of which I grudge. But I went, and heard about their hobbies and their collections and their experiences, and I’m glad I did, for it was humanizing, and slowed the rush of my mind. I did puzzle why I was there. They did all the talking, and they already knew what they were going to say. The urge to share, I guess, to include me in their lives. I find myself unexpectedly grateful. Who knew there was such a thing as buttermilk pie?

1 comment:

K said...

David, so glad you liked the pie. Here's a recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/buttermilk-pie-recipe/index.html