Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 13, 2009

Steve the fish guy came and replanted the aquarium. It looks beautiful again, maybe more beautiful than before. I stared at it until th lights went off and the fish began to drift to sleep. Steve did this while I drove to the airport to fly to New York. When I got to the US Air desk, my reservation could not be found, until we discovered my flight is not until tomorrow. I looked at the reservation for a long time, unable to credit my own stupidity. But, it was one of those mistakes which was totally without consequence, other than a wasted drive to the airport, and a certain measure of embarrassment. Curiously, I have been happy all day that I did not go to New York, as if four days there were perfect and what my soul wanted, while five was a cause for sadness.

Black iris blooms beside peach-colored iris in the backyard, a striking and rather Chinese-looking arrangement. The south side of the yard is a wall of purple. Golden towers of yellow iris thrust up through the foliage. A creamy yellow rose rests on my dresser.

Abbott’s Dance is a finalist for production at Louisiana Tech.

No comments: