Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 12, 2009

Brilliant summer day. I set aside all else I vowed to do, and gardened.

I made Titus, Maud, and Circe vow to live forever. They thought it was folly, but I told them I had my reasons.

Call from Bruce and Jack at Sunny Spot productions. They want to take a stab at producing The Loves of Mr. Lincoln in New York. I told them it was fine with me. A first reading will be at the Barrow Theater on June 5. They said they’ve been looking at hundreds of scripts for this year’s pared-down recession Gay Fest, but there was nothing remotely as good. Hope it’s true. We’ll plunge forward as though it is. They were setting up auditions with one hand while holding the phone with the other.

Took this computer in for servicing. I’d never done that before. Their talk of “wiping everything clean” made me nervous, but I signed the contract, and before I’d quite got in the door the phone was ringing; it was Sassy’s computers telling me there had been a power outtage an all my data were lost. I first assumed it was a practical joke, but it wasn’t. I plodded about in the garden, wondering why I wasn’t more furious than I was, or furious at all, for that matter. When I came in there was a message saying they had gotten everything back. Glad I didn’t waste the rage.

No comments: