Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 7, 2008

This is one of my birthdays, being the day I had open heart surgery in 1976, changing my health, my stamina, my life.

Visited TB at his retreat amid the cow pastures. These occasions are tense because I want sex and he wants to talk about his play. We end up talking about the play. Though I enjoy his company. I come away feeling, ever so slightly, used. This is not a serious problem. It is just a little short of perfection.

Second As You Like It rehearsal tomorrow. Our director has decided that Audrey is the real wit of the Touchstone/Audrey relationship, and that I should reel from her "zingers." That this is a violation of anything we can know about Shakespeare’s intent, and is justified nowhere in the lines, are principles I’m sure it would be pointless to bring up.

No comments: