Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July 14, 2008

Gray, still morning for Bastille Day.

Kyle’s replacement organist was bad almost beyond mockery. We’ll all appreciate him from now on, even those that mightn’t have before. It was the first time I heard myself thinking, "I could have done better."

Feeling of lead yesterday, my body made of lead, except it was lead whose back tried to go out all day. Better today already. Some flesh demon passing by.

Discouraging Cantaria rehearsal last night. The baritones cannot sing their line without Barry there to lead them. In that sense it sounded like a first rehearsal. Miami was not my first choice for a July adventure in any case, but all is laid before us, and at this point, inevitable. Miami is actually a city I had no ambition to see at all.

No comments: