Monday, July 21, 2008

July 21, 2008

Dream at morning: I had a little white motor boat (which was, nevertheless, quite silent) which I aimed up a small mountain river, through both deep places and by some miracle over shallows and even piles of wet stone. I dragged my fingers in the water and beautiful fish came up to nibble. I was chased by some cows who were wallowing, and as I was navigating away from the cows, I found a human skeleton. I didn’t have my cell phone, so I tried hard to remember the place. I got back to civilization, then brought two friends to confirm first that there were snappers in the lakes (I’d had snapper at the Marina in Miami) and second the presence of the skeleton. One of the friends was Forrest Smith, a figure out of the distant past.

Maud punishes me for being away with the slightest edge of aloofness. Titus reacts to the same circumstance with the most burrowing and nuzzling affection.

Listening to Glor na Siog, the Dublin gay men’s and women’s chorus. The lad at the booth said if I bought two CDs I would get a kiss from an Irish boy, so I did, and I did. They’re not very good. It doesn’t matter; they’re Irish.

No comments: