Thursday, May 15, 2008

New York 2

May 14, 2008

I can see the Times Building, the McGraw-Hill Building, and that crazy nursery building-block building with the scimitar of light on its side from my window, as well as the activities in apartments stories below. Unlike London, where there is just the hum of city life, or Dublin, where there is the human voice, New York is full of honking horns. It is not, considered abstractly, altogether unpleasant. The action of Port Authority fills the middle distance. Ten stories below, ailanthus shoulders its way up from the concrete courtyards behind three-storey tenements, which seem anomalous amid the behemoths all around.

Hillary wins West Virginia and stays in the race.

Enough buzz on the internet media about Edward to keep me content. The items seldom mention the playwright, but as long as they mention the play, I am content.

Reading Brideshead Revisited until anything is open and I can hit the town.

No comments: