September 21, 2026
Realized, while watching my transparent electric tea kettle come to a boil, that Heisenberg was anticipated by Old Wives with their proverb, “Watched pots never boil.”
The favorite performer of the receptionist at Nathaniel’s PT emporium is Phil Collins. “Rock Me Amadeus” was the number 1 song on the day she was born. I shared that “Goodnight Irene” was the number 1 hit on the day I was born. She was too polite to say she’d never heard of it. My therapist for the day is from Greenville, and his parents are important musicians there and at Furman.
I’m fond of claiming forbearance as a personal virtue, half in fun, as everybody assumes I’m essentially without boundaries. I realize that forbearance is also one of my faults, as I have stopped short-- for reasons of politeness or proportion, I hope– from taking full course some issues that needed to have been taken full course. God’s justice is that these still haunt me. The recent little brush-up with AVLGMC brought this to mind. I thought I was the lonely complainant. Turns out I was one of many, and clement, even feeble, in the intensity of my complaint. That in itself is well. What is not well is that I may have shirked responsibility.
Lunch with JP. The AS capital campaign committee thinks $15000 is right from me. I can do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment