Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Frederick

 September 14, 2026

Hot day of the endless summer. I really don’t mind if it’s endless. The sweatshirt I bought to wear to choir camp was far too warm. 

Unexpected and thorough remake of The Last Poet. Its problems were so easy to fix I don’t know why I didn’t see it before. Often when I return to a piece I realize I simply gave up, imagining it was “good enough” since nobody was ever going to see it anyhow. In some ways The Last Poet is my best, at least the “best” piece that people are likely to understand the first time through. Were they ever to see it. 

I am Charlie Brown and God is Lucy. 

Enormous, enduring dreams. Getting up from the bed to use the bathroom is like doing so in a cinema. Last night at one point I was a Hollywood dancer.

HART announces its season. It too abandons serious theater. 

I have a new grand-nephew, Frederick. Not informed, but read of it on Facebook. 

No comments: