Tuesday, September 15, 2026

 August 28, 2026

The King of Norway is dead. Glad he lived to see his country so beloved at the World Cup. 

AVLGMC rehearsal last night. Huge now. One of the new recruits is in fact a woman, who turns out to have been my student my first years at UNCA and to have adored me, so that is a corner turned with unexpected ease. She showed me a photo of her quite beautiful son, who didn’t exist when we had class together Final triumph of bad music now that no one remains to fight for the Muse. 

Disproportional fit of rage yesterday when the pond aerator didn’t work AGAIN. I’m glad there’s space between me and the next dwellings, for the explosion was loud and sustained. The guy at Jesse Israel asked me if I had cleaned the filters, and I had not. I came home certain that cleaning the filters would not help, but I cleaned then, and the water geysered out ten inches above the pipe, singing like a river. Pond is more aerated than it’s ever been. Me considering why I think every glitch is a sign of the gods arrayed against me. 



No comments: