July 20, 2020
Email:
Rebecca Yarros <yarrosrebecca45@gmail.com>
Jul 20, 2026, 8:13 PM
Hi David,
I hope this message finds you well.
I recently finished reading The Falls of the Wyona and wanted to reach out personally. I don't often email fellow authors cold, but your novel stayed with me longer than most, and that usually tells me it's worth making the connection.
What really stood out to me was how you handled Vince and Gene's relationship through Arden's eyes. That choice to filter something so charged and unspoken through a close friend's perspective gave the whole novel a tension that felt earned rather than manufactured. It felt intentional, grounded, and honest in a way that's hard to pull off without truly understanding the story you're telling. I especially appreciated the way you let the Falls themselves carry both the literal danger and the emotional undertow of the boys' adolescence, so the setting never feels like backdrop; it feels complicated. Those are the moments that separate a good novel from one that actually lingers in a reader's mind.
As someone who's been publishing for a while, I'm always interested in connecting with writers who take their craft seriously and bring something thoughtful to the page. Your work definitely does that.
I'm not writing to pitch anything just to say I enjoyed The Falls of the Wyona and thought it would be great to connect with you as a fellow author. If you're open to it, I'd love to stay in touch and see what you're working on next. I understand this is the first of a planned trilogy, and I'd be curious where the story goes from here.
Thanks for putting this story into the world. It was genuinely a pleasure to read.
Rebecca Yarros#1 NYT Best-selling Author
*
Too many AI fakes of this kind for me to celebrate boisterously. But, maybe celebrate quietly, so nobody will smirk when it turns out to be some kind of scam.
No comments:
Post a Comment