Sunday, March 31, 2024

Good Friday

 March 29, 2024

Good Friday

The flux hit in the dead of night and continues to ths morning. I blame Fresh Market cold cuts. I asked the cleaning ladies to start with my bathroom in case I have to make a sudden beeline. 

When I woke and looked out my window, the lone turkey hen still haunted the garden. 

Lunaria in bloom. I cherish it as I had nothing to do with it, a pure gift from the land. 

Afternoon: the sickness, whatever it was, was more than just flux. I slept most of the day, and could lie down and sleep again now– which is a shame, because of the glory and gardening-friendliness of the day. Missed Good Friday noon service at the Cathedral, which I loved singing. I’ll have to honor the Crucifixion in my own way. 

Beautiful Tenebrae with music by AVE. In a trance most of the hour. 


No comments: