Sunday, July 30, 2023

Storm

 

July 29, 2023

Woke with one of the rarest things in my life– a headache. Massaging various places seems to have gotten rid of it. 

Heat. Rabbits crowd into the maple shade, nibbling whatever they can reach from there. 

Turkeys are daily visitors, a growing flock, now with three adults and more chicks than I’m able to count. 

Almost impossible not to sleep.

Crisis in Biltmore. It’s almost preferable to be challenged where one has no resources at all, as crises tend to slide into the bailiwicks of those who actually know what to do. Sometimes I’m that person; sometimes I’m not. As this unfolded, a sudden storm arose. Came home to find a significant flock of turkeys sheltering behind my shed.

Not invited to W’s wedding. I cringe a little as the photos appear on Facebook. I try to remind myself that, all in all, I mostly would rather stay home. Maybe not this time, but–


No comments: