Saturday, July 8, 2023

Fireworks

 

July 4, 2023

Independence Day.

Baroque oboe to calm me in a strange place. Slept, for me, a very long time.

Spending money like I were really on vacation.

D and D just bought 12 acres on Azure Rd in Dahlonaga. Drove out to see it. Very wild and steep. They own frontage on a beautiful river whose name I forget, where the kids and dogs swam. Cookout at Linda’s, where M announced that she is pregnant with my sister’s 6th grandchild. Too much food by levels of magnitude. I don’t know whom we were expecting. We concealed our drinks from Miriama’s mother, who is Muslim. My level of exhaustion is shocking, but I vowed to go out on the street to watch the fireworks, and so I did, over the roof of a parking garage, in light rain. I remember being little and trying to choose my favorite of the fireworks, trying to remember the glory of one to compare it to the glory of the next. I wondered what it said about me that I usually preferred the blue and silvery ones. 


No comments: