Wednesday, June 2, 2021

 

June 1, 2021

Parents’ wedding anniversary. 1947, I think. 

I bought some pepper-infused seed columns (to discourage squirrels and bears) to hang outside the guest bedroom window, and no sooner were they up than a bear came to pull them down. I said through the window, “You’re not going to like that.” I don’t think the bear saw me through the window, and was startled. He turned tail and ran hard across the street. I felt bad. It was like shouting at a kid and seeing him panic and run. I thought he might be Buddy Bear returned, but Buddy was night black, and this bear had a distinct cinnamon sheen to his fur. 

Haunted the River District looking for art to purchase. Many studios were closed, but those that were open ranged from hideous to Motel Bedroom. 

Probed for the root of a mild depression, and realized that Magnetic will not be doing any more of my plays. They’ve settled into a type, and the type is sort of rollicking hillbilly, and I’m not likely to produce anything like that. It is understandable, if several levels down from what might have been. 

No comments: