Tuesday, November 17, 2020

 


November 16, 2020

Rose early. Intended to write, but the weather was too good, so I drove to the spot where Hard Times runs closest to the Parkway. I had taken Hard Times Road many times, but maybe only once the trail I did select, blazed but rough, heading north between Hard Times and the road. It would have come out, had I continued to follow, at Bent Creek at the Arboretum entrance. It was very beautiful, clean, serene. Tulip and holly reigned. I was happy. For the third time I achieved my steps goal, for the first time in a single hike. Met two handsome, sweaty, blue-eyed men, one of the by-products of going to the trouble. One had a dog who was frightened of me. I’m dismayed when a dog fears me, and I can never imagine why. Most dogs adore or ignore me on the trail, but the ones that shy and bark are remembered. Trying to put It down as canine misapprehension.


No comments: