Monday, November 9, 2020

Madison County

 November 9, 2020

Venetian coronation music. 

Drove to Mars Hill and Marshall, to take in small town to the north, and to alert people that my book is set in their town. Sat under a tree on the Mars Hill campus and wrote a little on my book. A few professors walked by, looking very tweedy and pleased with themselves. I don’t think I enjoyed the professor-y part of being a professor as much as I might have. No scarves, no tweed, no pipe, no memberships in quaint organizations. Ran, improbably, into Keith Green on Main Street in Marshall. He has an excellent, big dog. Skinny boys in dirty T-shirts running between stores and trucks. BB said “You are a Pagan of the Old school, like Schiller, Mozart, Beethoven.” I have seldom been placed in such exalted company. 

No comments: