Sunday, November 8, 2020

Iris

 


November 8, 2020

Planted a crate of forgotten-and-late-arriving iris. Even slightly after dawn it was warm enough to work without a coat. Last night I heard fireworks and the din of celebration from downtown. I knew I’d missed most of it, but I walked downtown this morning to soak up the remnants of the vibe. Went to Blue Spiral to see Julyan’s show. I figured the pieces would be out of my price range, but I’d failed to consider by how much.  Frustrated that my book does not appear on the Amazon site simply by typing in its name. You can find it, but with more effort than I’d expect from a casual reader. There’s always a glitch, pointless and wasteful. The gardening must have exhausted me into huge, satisfying afternoon naps. I must have been in a mood when I ordered, for most of the iris were black.

No comments: